Wage: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Location: Boulder, CO
Active Interest Media is looking for a Producer to join our growing Online Education Department. Engaged audiences for our many brands–including Yoga Journal, Ski, Warren Miller, Backpacker, Climbing, Clean Eating, Vegetarian Times, Garden Gate, Cuisine at Home, SAIL, Power & Motoryacht—are looking for in-depth content to help them learn more and be better at the things they’re passionate about.
If visual storytelling is in your DNA and you find joy in using your creative muscle to uplift the world around you, while creating meaningful educational content, this might be your dream job. We’re looking for an experienced video producer who knows how to wrangle content and all the ins and outs of multi-day shoots, as well as navigate the intricacies of pre- and post-production.
- Talent acquisition and contracting
- Content development with an emphasis on immersive, enlightening, and visually stunning final product
- Pre-production planning
- On-set Leader—act as liaison between instructor and crew, make sure all content is captured, occasional talent coaching required, maintain schedule and budget
- Shepherd projects through post-production, including building course online
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience producing compelling and comprehensive video products for online education, television, and/or commercial ventures
- Instructional design experience
- Excellent communicator – written, verbal, and visual
- Ability to work brilliantly both independently and as part of a creative team
- Positive attitude with personal integrity and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Energized self-starter with a bias toward curiosity and lifelong learning
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personality types and unite them to achieve a common goal
- Ability to take direction and apply own creative skills and talents toward successful execution of assigned work
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong experience producing and/or interest in cooking, home projects, boating, outdoor and snow sports, and leading an active, healthy lifestyle
- Creative and eager to brainstorm ideas
- Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with flawless attention to detail and execution
- Comfortable with both CMS and best practices for online student experience, basic knowledge of HTML helpful
- Keen intellect, grit, laser-sharp wit, and an appreciation for geek culture not required, but helpful
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
Applications without a cover letter, resume, and link to your video portfolio will not be considered. Please apply to email@example.com and indicate the job title you’re applying for in the subject line.